Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Missed Appointment

I can't believe I missed my appointment with the plastic surgeon. I was supposed to be there last week instead of this week. And, believe it or not, I had it written down, LOL! I guess most things happen the way they are supposed to.

While I was waiting to see if they could squeeze me in this girl sat across from me and began to strike up a conversation. She began to tell me about her journey and me about mine. We had two doctors in common. She had a double mastectomy, reconstruction and was now coming to this doctor to re-do or make her reconstruction look better. She asked me if I wanted to see her new breast and I said yes. I've always wanted to see what a new pair of boobies look like. We went into the ladies room and she pulled her shirt up. Wow! They really didn't look as good as I expected and one was smaller than the other. Then she asked me if I wanted to touch them (LOL). I did. She said she has silicone in them. They felt like normal breast. Anyway, just wanted to share that story.
I feel good today. I'm in my third week of radiation and I am marking off the days as they pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment