Wednesday, April 15, 2015

 
Women already have so many issues with the "Cookie."  But, when chemo is added, your issues may multiply.  The type of chemo that I'm currently receiving drastically dries me from inside out!  I have to use moisturizers on a daily basis on the inside and outside.  Otherwise, my skin on the outside will begin to peel; and the inside will be like a dessert.

I want to share with you some of the suggestions that was shared with me by my doctor and some that I researched on my own.

You can use just about any type moisturizer on the outside; but if you are a cancer survivor or still fighting, you need to be careful about certain hormones.  I have used some of the following products:

Vitamin E suppositories
Coconut oil
Replenz
Olive oil

Have you ever experienced a burning, irritating feeling around the outside area of the vagina knowing there were known reason for it?  When I experienced that, I thought something was truly wrong so I kept making appointments with gynecologist until he asked me to stop coming to see him for no reason, LOL!  After speaking with my oncologist about this issue, she explained that this happens a lot with women who may be going through menopause and is even worse for women who are going through chemo.  You can remedy this by applying Vaseline or even olive oil in order to keep that area moist.

Until next time...Do what you have to do to keep the "Cookie" from crumbling!