Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm so close

Today is September 14th. Last night was kind of rough. As most of you know, chemo is a nice way of saying, "we have to load your body with poison, which kills good and bad cells, in order to hopefully save or prolong your life." I have some side affects which just started affecting me about three weeks ago. I have what you call neuropathy. The best way I can explain it is I get numbness and tingling in my fingertips and my feet. It is more severe in my feet. My feet get so cold at times that I have to wrap a heating pad around them because I feel like they are frost bitten. My muscles also ache sometime, mostly at night, to the point where I have to sit on the edge of my bed and massage them and take a pain pill. I'm so close to end of chemo with only two more treatments to go, but surely not close enough! On the other hand, I know I am still blessed because it really could be a lot worse.

I am on my way to Tampa today for a follow-up appointment with my surgeon. I have not seen her since my surgery on 2-20-09. I’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment